We are very excited to welcome our new intern Isabell to our team who will be working with MyCharelston for the next three months and helping us with all things social. Isabell has travelled over from Germany especially for the internship and as tradition we always like our readers to get to know our team so here is our 60 second interview with Isabell:
1. Where did you grow up?
In a small village near Hanover in Lower Saxony.
2. Why did you want to do your internship in the UK?
Because I love travelling and when I was in England in 2016 I fell in love with this place. I also think that it’s a great opportunity for me to learn new things every day, for example about British culture or life and the work, but also about me.
3. What’s the last thing you watched on TV and why did you choose to watch it?
On Netflix the film ‘To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before’, because I loved the books, and so I needed to see if the film is at least as good as the book.
4. What songs are included on the soundtrack to your life?
Wie Ich, by Kraftklub
You Will Be Found, from the Musical ‘Dear Evan Hansen’
5. If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
To speak Portuguese, because then I could understand the family of my Brazilian exchange student.
6. If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do?
Thanking my parents by buying them a trip to anywhere they would like to go, because they made it possible that I were able to travel to Brazil, Scotland and England in the last two years and now England again for three months.
7. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Canada, Sweden and New Zealand.
8. If you could be any fictional character, who would you choose?
Hermoine Granger from Harry Potter.
9. What's your favourite indoor/outdoor activity?
Indoor - reading and writing
Outdoor - photographing
10. What chore do you absolutely hate doing?
Cleaning the cage from my budgies.
11. If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would you meet?
Walt Disney, because I grew up watching Disney movies and I still love them. I admire him for his creativity and for what he did.
12. Where has been your favourite place to visit?
The Iguazu Falls in Brazil.
13. What three traits define you?
Kind, creative and helpful.
14. After your internship what is next for you?
I'm going back to Germany to study.
15. What one thing should an English Person try, or do, in Germany?
They should definitely try German bread and Lebkuchen. And they could visit a "Erntefest", which is basically a harvest festival which preserves old traditions, with dancing and a pageant.
16. What are you looking forward to the most during your stay in Brighton?
To explore Brighton and its surroundings, to get some good photos. But also to meet new people.